Go Green for Good
10% Guaranteed savings with Community Solar credits applied to your electric bill.
Switching to clean energy – and saving money – has never been more simple.
In just minutes, you can reduce your carbon footprint and your electric bill, all while supporting the development of community solar projects right here in Western New York.
Sign up for Community Solar
Before you begin, you will need your account number, which is found on your electric bill.
NOTE: The link below will take you to a secure page from our processing partner, Ampion.
HOW IT WORKS
Save 10% on your electric bills without owning or installing solar panels.
Community Solar is a large solar array, comprised of different members who subscribe to a small percentage of it, much like a co-op. It produces electricity right here in Western New York – enabling you to harness the power of solar and the savings associated with it. You do NOT have to install solar panels or any physical equipment on your property, everything is handled electronically.
Good for the Environment
In addition to the financial benefits, you’ll also be helping reduce pollution created by traditional energy sources, improving our overall air quality and health.
Good for Your Wallet
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, there are economic benefits to community solar:
- You’re guaranteed to save 10% off of your electric bill
- Community Solar projects provide high-paying local jobs to members of your community.
- Community Solar projects are often strategically located on former state or federally owned land that currently produces no tax revenue. Our community solar projects are privately owned, therefore will generate tax revenue for your community.
- The savings to individual participants (you) often stayS in your community. Simply put, by paying less for your energy, you will be able to spend that money however you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible to participate in community solar?
Homeowners, renters, non-profits, or small businesses with the electric bill in your name are eligible. Participating members must be served by the same utility as the solar farm.
- How much can I expect to save?
Over the course of the year, an average residential customer could save as much as $100–150, depending on their electricity usage. Since the sun shines most between May and September, that’s when the majority of the credits will be applied to the bill.
- How does the electricity get from the solar farm to my property?
The electricity produced is sent to the grid and you receive bill credits each month. Your current electric service will not be interrupted, and you will still receive your electricity from the utility as you do now.
- Can I participate and continue to use EnergyMark as my electric and natural gas provider?
Of course! Because the community solar projects are intended to offset the amount of traditionally produced electric used, and not replace it completely, you can still choose to purchase electricity via traditional EnergyMark electric plans.
- Is there a fee for canceling?
No. You can cancel your credits at any time, for any reason. Your agreement is on a month-to-month basis.
- Are there any fees for participating?
No. There are no fees of any kind for participating in the community solar project.